Maintain Docket / Calendar Control
- Handle litigation deadlines, dates and events through a central control system.
- Record dates and events, and update your calendar control system on a regular basis. Dates that should be entered routinely include litigation dates, important dates to your firm's business clients, and filing and hearing dates.
- Provide adequate "ticklers" to ensure proper lead time for docket control system entry.
- Implement a system that exceeds your current case level to ensure that it will accommodate your future needs.
- Establish a backup system that is maintained by multiple staff and is cross-checked on a daily or weekly basis.
- Implement a system under which you can run periodic checks to confirm that work was completed.